On behalf of our client, we are searching for a Plant Manager for a position located in the Northern Interior of British Columbia.
- Leads, creates and maintains a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring the continued development and delivery of a comprehensive site safety program following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Leads, manages and develops staff; coaches, builds and maintains strong working relationships; supports diversity and inclusion programs.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental requirements and permit; is a responsible steward of the environment.
- Determines sawmill operating strategies, including optimization programs to maximize mill margin; provides a clears sense of direction and focus to the team.
- Oversees development and implementation of annual business plans; allocates resources effectively and fully utilizes assets to produce optimal results.
- Develops and promotes a culture of performance management and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business; sets and owns performance standards and holds team accountable through regular communication.
- Represents our client as a good neighbour within our communities.
- Minimum of 5 or more years’ experience as a Plant Manager.
- Post secondary education or 10+ years experience as a Plant Manager
- Demonstrates integrity with effective leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong experience in continuous improvement is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills
- Strong business improvement and performance management skills with strong knowledge of business and management principles; budgeting, planning, resource allocation and human resources.
- Resourceful and resilient; strong organization skills with the ability to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external business conditions.
- An effective communicator with strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Read more here:: GFIS