Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 12 Nov 2017
Digital Health Adviser
In 2016, OCG took the decision to boost one of its strategic commitments to accelerate the development and use of medical technologies in improving quality of health care and program efficiency. A strategic framework and vision were developed as the bases for establishing a transversal platform and governance that will systematically address the needs identified and propose solutions for successful completion.
The Digital Health Adviser (DHA) leads the development and implementation of OCG’s digital health solutions, creating pathways to accelerate the appropriation, development and use of digital health solutions at project and program level.
The DHA reports to the Medical Technology Coordinator (MTC) in the Medical Department and, through the Medical Technology Platform, works closely with other OCG key departments involved in medical technology development and support.
The DHA will ensure proper planning, programming, and reporting of digital health initiatives inside the Medical Department. The DHA is a member of the Core Team of the Medical Technology Platform (MTP) and will participate in aggregation, prioritization and execution of technological initiatives undertaken by the platform.
Main tasks are :
- Prepare business analysis
- Direct management of digital health technologies
- Represent the MT Core Team whenever necessary
- Develop a network in the digital health community, manage relationships and alliances
- Direct and support team contributions to proposal writing and business development efforts.
- Provide dashboard activity updates to regular meetings and project valuation activities.
- Ensure proper collaboration with DSI and Log Department with regard to software and hardware choice, technical debt, backend support, and maintenance strategies.
- Recommend uptake and scale-up of developed or ‘shovel-ready’ digital tools for the field and follow up on implementation after decision.
- Provide timely feedback and evaluations related to assimilation and scale-up (industrialization)
- Assist in the development of internal knowledge on digital health solutions
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Digital Health, Informatics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, Epidemiology, or other relevant field in humanitarian setups.
- Experience in Digital Health, Informatics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, Epidemiology, or other relevant field in humanitarian setups.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to explain digital health technical concepts in a simple, clear language appropriate to the audience, or in the form of guidelines, manuals and protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external stakeholders involved in medical technologies, innovation and software development.
- Comfortable managing in a flexible, changing and virtual environment, with the ability to be ready to adjust plans and direction in response to local feedback and the iterative nature of digital health projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French required.
- Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Flexible, proactive and able to work independently
- Good analytical and synthetic skills
- Team spirit and ability to motivate
Terms of Employment
- Permanent contract, full-time position (100%)
- Based in Geneva, with travels to the field up to 30% of the time
- Ideal starting date: Beginning of January 2018
- Gross annual salary : from CHF 97’332.- (salary commensurate with experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply:
Interested candidates should forward by email only their application (CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – French or English – 5MB max) to email@example.com stating in the subject line “DHA 2017.08».
The deadline for applications is 12th November 2017.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the job offer or MSF, please visit our website: http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT