Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating,
directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and
Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and
obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high
standard of client service mind-set.
Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory
status from source to beneficiary.
Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice
verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure,
physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in
support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related
functional area is desirable.
Experience: Minimum 4 years experiences in one of the following :
• Warehouse management, shipping, transport or other supply chain related field.
• Using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, and food stock.
• Analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Please upload your CV in English
• Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
• Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT