Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at Headquarters (HQ), Regional (RO) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
For more information on UNICEF’s work in East Asia and Pacific, visit: https://www.unicef.org/eapro
How can you make a difference?
The Intern will support the East Asia and Pacific Regional Human Resources team to update their knowledge management library. S/He will learn about the various business activities of a regional human resources office in order to better advise on the best way to structure our digital files on SharePoint as well as on the Shared drives. In addition, as UNICEF is shifting away from using shared drives and more towards cloud based storage, the intern will structure a folder system and move files from the shared drive to the new cloud based system, and archive others. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about various UNICEF programmes, and how it operates regionally, as well as the Regional HR team with innovative HR lifecycle initiatives related to recruitment, retention and development of regional talent.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Specialist, the intern will be responsible for supporting projects as outlined in the areas above. The intern will also perform ad hoc functions to support other parts of the team as required.
The intern will undertake the following main tasks:
Assist the RHR team with the administrative and logistical support as required such as:
- Develop and implement an information architecture system for structuring and naming RHR digital folders and files in EAPRO HR Network SharePoint site and remote digital storage folders;
- Gaps analysis by identify out-of-date content and replace with current content or links to current content;
- Recommend digital archiving guidelines and implement after approved by Regional Chief of HR and apply the same guidelines to paper content currently in the office;
- Support the creation of EAP HR policy guidance materials;
- Support the administration and implementation of a recruitment and selection campaigns;
- Support the management of the Regional career development portfolio;
- Support internal communication efforts, such as writing blogs and articles, and creating content for Regional HR Newsletter;
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of the Regional HR orientation programme.
To qualify as a champion for every child, you will have…
- Be currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school, or be a preferably in Human Resources, Education, Communications, Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations/Affairs, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish) or a local language is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent understanding of and knowledge of software such as but not limited to Outlook 365, SharePoint, Word, Excel. Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience in a multicultural environment or setting, (e.g. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Technical – Very good analytical skills and ability to synthesize concepts and material into clear and concise thoughts (see also communication below).
- Managing resources – Organizes and manages information to achieve defined goals and optimum results.
- Communication – Effectively presents thoughts and ideas including complex technical concepts, in a clear, concise, and readily understood manner, both verbally and in writing. Listens to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views.
- Flexibility – Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to work well in a team environment.
- Following Instructions and Procedures – follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions.
- Ability to work independently.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values are Commitment, Diversity, and Integrity and our Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Anticipated Start date: November 2017
Duration: 6 – 16 weeks
Working Schedule: Full time (40 hrs per week)
Duty Station: EAPRO Office, Bangkok Thailand
Remuneration: a monthly stipend and partially covered travel costs
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507610
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT