Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 37/2017
Position Title: Refugee Status Determination (RSD) Intern
Post Level: –
Post No.: –
Report To: Associate RSD Officer
Section: Protection Unit
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Contractual Status: Unpaid Internship (For a maximum of six months)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement: 12 October 2017
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement: 29 October 2017
Availability of the Post As soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Associate Refugee Status Determination (RSD) Officer, the Intern supports the RSD Unit as appropriate and in accordance with UNHCR RSD Procedural Standards and THA Standard Operating Procedures on RSD;
- Supports registration and counselling activities;
- Conducts Country of Origin information (COI) research on a regular basis for major caseloads undergoing RSD in Thailand and on specific subject matters at the request of Eligibility Staff, including creating tools to be used by staff;
- Conducts relevant legal research on refugee law and drafts legal memorandums on the same;
- To perform other tasks as needed and assigned.
Education and Skills: University degree in Law (LLB, LLM), Political Science, or any related field. Sound knowledge of refugee law, international human rights and humanitarian laws is desirable.
Experience: Previous experience in legal work and experience in working with people from different cultural and social backgrounds is an advantage.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English (drafting and oral skills). Knowledge of other UN language or other relevant language is desirable.
How to apply:
Please submit your P.11, resume and application letter, indicating vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org.
Application will not be acknowledged. Only successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT