Organization: Overseas Development Institute
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Salary: £28,015 – £33,419 per annum
The UK’s leading think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) has a world-leading reputation for excellence; our researchers do ground-breaking work on global issues, such as poverty alleviation, economic transformation, humanitarian action and climate change. Our goal is to shape policy-makers’ thinking about these critical issues and high-quality communications have a crucial role to play in this. The Publications Editor is central to securing ODI’s impact.
You will manage the development, layout, production and dissemination of key ODI publications. You will be providing publishing guidance and support to teams, ensuring that research and communications staff across ODI are working to beast practices.
The successful candidate will work with programme teams from across ODI to ensure that the central communications team is always aware of and engaged with upcoming publications.
You will have:
- Advanced typesetting, layout and design experience, using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- A proven background in publications coordination and production, preferably for a research or academic institute or publishing house.
- Strong publications project management experience; planning and managing multiple parallel publications, and negotiating with senior stakeholders.
- Specialist skills in publications production processes (print and online), including Xml production workflow.
- Strong IT skills, with knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word in particular).
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise tasks.
- The ability to work efficiently and diplomatically with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a dynamic team.
- A keen eye for detail and the confidence to own the design of new publications.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the latest trends in publishing
Closing date: 25 October 2017
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248
How to apply:
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs](http://www.odi.org.uk/jobs). If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 3327 7290 or you can send an email to email@example.com.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI