Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) project’s goal is to take a systemic approach that introduces and institutionalizes Electronic Content Management (including systems, policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and governance), providing improved document and records management and retention, improved search functionality, strengthened archives management, a new digital preservation capability, content reuse and re-purposing, and collaboration across UNICEF.
The project also seeks to reduce risks, improve usability of tools, provide significant cost and time savings, enable new organizational capabilities and comply with several audit recommendations. These goals will be implemented in keeping with the organizational strategy and information management requirements of stakeholders in various business areas.
Under the general guidance of the ECM Senior Project Manager and direction of the ECM Project Assistant, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible supporting the ECM Project by providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational supportensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent UNICEF’s administrative procedures, processes and policies.
This Temporary Appointment will be for a period of 364 days.
Key Expected Results
- Travel Support
- Invoice Processing and Budget Review
- Support in Resource Mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Travel Support
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Work with staff members on issues relating to administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel
2. Invoice Processing and Budget Review
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval thereafter processing in Vision/MyCase.
- Upload electronic files to destination system as well as to the ECM Document Library.
- Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilization and management
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Monitor the utilization of all finances and report to the supervisor for necessary adjustments (over-utilization, shortage of funds, etc.) Familiarize with programme monitoring related instructions/tools and report to supervisor for significant changes.
- Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
4. Management of Records and Equipment
- Supports management of administrative supplies and office equipment
- Maintain hard and electronic files while updating database systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages considered a plus.
- Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Learning & Researching
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507803
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT