Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, dedication.
UNICEF delivers change by combining high-quality programmes at scale, harnessing innovation and collecting evidence, in partnership with Governments, other UN partners, IFIs, civil society, the private sector, communities and children. It uses these to leverage wider change nationally and globally through advocacy, communications and campaigning. UNICEF also builds public support around the world to volunteer, advocate and mobilize resources for the cause of children, and works with partners to achieve an even greater impact.
The Deputy Director, Public Partnerships Division (PPD) will assist the Director in driving organization’s strategic engagement and partnerships for children by mobilizing and leveraging resources from government, large intergovernmental organizations, IFIs and international civil society organizations to maximize longer-term, flexible and predictable revenue in support of UNICEF programmes for children.
The Deputy Director will oversee teams in and outside New York and collaborate closely with Country Offices, Regional Offices, HQ Divisions to expand engagement and strengthen relations with key public partners including government donors and multilateral partners.
How can you make a difference?
The Deputy Director’s key functions and accountabilities include:
- Working closely with the Director develop and implement an overall fundraising and partnership strategy that coordinates engagement across the entire organization. This will include both existing as well as new and emerging resource partners.
- In close collaboration with PFP, ensure that the fundraising strategy combines private and public engagement.
- Shaping policies on aid to maximize predictable long-term financing for children, including addressing tendencies towards increased earmarking and conditionality.
- Exploring new innovative fundraising approaches and initiatives to deliver results for children.
- Working closely with the Director to ensure that the Division develops and delivers advocacy strategies for priority campaigns and humanitarian issues.
- Together with the Director, overseeing PPD offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Brussels and Washington DC and manage the establishment of additional out-posted staff and offices.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- 15 years of progressively responsible experience and relevant work experiences that combines intellectual and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level, some of which served in developing countries is required. Relevant professional experience in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Experience and knowledge of UNICEF is an important asset
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) required. Working knowledge of French and/or other UN languages would be an asset
For every child, you demonstrate…
- Diversity and inclusion
- Delivers Results
- Engages and Nurtures
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Manages Complexity and Change
- Creates and Maintains Impact and Partnership
- Innovates and Takes Risks
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507666
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT