Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope.
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Background and context
The incumbent will be providing support to the Classification unit, which is responsible for the grading of UNICEF positions.
Scope of work and specific tasks:
- Providing administrative support in managing the global classification process.
- Managing the electronic maintenance of all UNICEF job descriptions.
- Providing support in monitoring the life-cycle of all classification requests.
- Drafting routine correspondence as necessary.
- Provided support in digitalization of UNICEF job descriptions
- Other additional assignments as needed.
Required qualifications and work experience:
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a directly-related technical field(s) is a minimum requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Experience in the field of Human Resources an asset.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years
Duration of Contract:
3 months with possible extension
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values are Commitment, Diversity, and Integrity and our Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507753
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT