Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Position Title : Project Manager (CREST)
Duty Station : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 October 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
In the globalized economy, migrants make up important parts of the labour force in international supply chains. While the migration experience often leads to positive outcomes for workers and their families, many prospective migrants are subjected to unethical recruitment practices that may include excessive fees, low wages, unreasonable physical demands or excessive time spent in remote locations. Migrant workers are therefore vulnerable to abusive and exploitative recruitment and employment practices which places them among the estimated 11.7 million people in the Asia-Pacific subjected to various forms of forced labour. IOM’s Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking in Asia (CREST) initiative identifies businesses as a critical partner in the fight against modern slavery and forced labour, with the private sector offering unique skills, knowledge and market leverage.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission in IOM Viet Nam and in close coordination with the Regional Thematic Specialist on Labour Mobility and Human Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the regional programme: “Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking” Project in Asia. The project seeks to enable private sector and regional actors to better protect the human and labour rights of migrant workers within supply chains across Asia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Employ a Results Based Management approach to manage the CREST Project in accordance with the approved Project Documents and Budget.
Maintain cooperation with other IOM missions including through the provision of technical guidance on corporate liaison, CREST, IRIS, and other private sector initiatives. Lead a coordinated and strategic approach to the implementation of this programme across the region. This will include coordination with the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) Team.
Establish strong partnerships with the Private Sector and lead on-the ground programme implementation including migrant labour supply assessments and supplier training.
Provide thematic supervision and technical guidance to project partners and programme staff assigned to the CREST programme by each participating Mission in close cooperation with the involved IOM missions.
Facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogue with relevant actors at the regional level to enhance public-private collaboration towards the protection of migrant workers in Asia. Maintain a stakeholder database to facilitate reporting on engagement and impact.
Finalize a comprehensive, evidence-based implementation framework, including an integrated project gender equality strategy as per inception phase plan.
Ensure a sound Monitoring and Evaluation system is in place in order to achieve timely and effective implementation of the activities with respective implementing missions.
Prepare necessary reports for the donor on project delivery, including interim and final reports to donors on budgetary expenditure and results, in coordination with Regional Office (RO) and participating IOM missions.
Establish a robust communication strategy to promote project objectives and strategy.
Provide rigorous review and competent advice to the Chief of Mission and the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific on the overall performance of the programme to ensure effectiveness, coherence, and integrity in implementation.
Coordinate and monitor the administrative, human resources and financial aspects of the programme and supervise IOM programme staff, in close coordination with the Resource Management Units.
Undertake travel duty as necessary to oversee the implement and evaluate the impact the project has on beneficiaries in all participating mission.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social or Political Science, Law and/or Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing, developing and implementing programmes related to labour migration, the protection of migrant workers in supply chains, ethical labour recruitment and private sector engagement;
• Direct experience in applying ethical recruitment principles in private sector supplier assessments;
• Direct experience in developing and delivering human trafficking training programs with private sector;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities, as well as with international institutions;
• Previous working experience in the region is an advantage;
• Familiarity with Swedish donor procedures is an advantage;
• Demonstrated experience in development, implementation, analysis and evaluation of migration programs; management including budget planning and monitoring;
• Strong knowledge of and commitment to gender equality and human rights;
• Knowledge of ethical recruitment, labour migration and human trafficking.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 October 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.10.2017 to 23.10.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/179 (P) – Project Manager (CREST) (P3) – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (55203352) Released
Posting: Posting NC55203380 (55203380) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT