Organization: American Institutes for Research
Closing date: 09 Nov 2017
AIR is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to work on a 5 year, USAID-funded Reading Project in Zambia. Let’s Read Zambia will target approximately 1.4 million students in 4,000 public and community primary schools, including Early Childhood Centers that are clustered in an estimated 400 zones in 48 districts in the provinces of Lusaka, Southern, Muchinga, Eastern, and Northwestern. The Activity will ensure that students attending Grades 1, 2, and 3 in Zambian public and community schools in five targeted provinces will have an opportunity to learn to read grade level text with comprehension and to write at grade level in one of the seven local official languages of instruction: Cinyanja, Chitonga, Icibemba, Kiikaonde, Lunda, Luvale and Silozi after three years of primary schooling in Grades 1-3.
The DCOP acts as the Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP and will be responsible for management of the technical activities and implementation of the project.
Eligibility: Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
• Requires a master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, management, social sciences or development studies. In lieu of a master’s degree, a bachelor’s degree with five years of relevant international development experience in the education sector will be acceptable
• At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities (at least 3 years must have been in senior program management including direct supervision of professional and support staff)
• Experience working in the education sector in Africa, particularly in Zambia is preferred
• Desired experience includes work in policy advocacy, monitoring and oversight, capacity development in education sector, and experience in awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote education-related goals
• Sound knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
• Proficiency in English is required
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI