The Watershed Company, a regional leader in science-based planning and design for environmental restoration, is seeking qualified candidates within the field of arboriculture. A minimum of 2 years of experience required, with an ISA certification and Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) preferred. Applicants with additional experience in ecology, GIS, urban forestry, and/or landscape architecture, a plus. Desired qualifications include a strong knowledge of tree and shrub identification, tree preservation, tree root patterns and morphology, and pest and fungi identification and management.
- Perform tree inventories, tree assessments and report writing for public and private clients
- Review and comprehend civil, architectural, and landscape architectural plans, details, and specifications for conflicts with trees
- Prepare tree preservation plans and details in AutoCAD
- Write tree preservation specifications
- Monitor and document tree impacts and protection during construction administration
Excellent writing, organizational, critical thinking, and communication skills are required. Successful candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished scientists, planners, engineers,arborists, and landscape architects in a growing 33-year-old employee-owned company based in Kirkland, WA.
The Watershed Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Watershed Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Read more here:: GFIS