Area Forester 21577
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Urban Forestry is responsible for assisting with implementing, maintaining and monitoring forestry and natural resource activities related to the Regional Forest, Tree By-law and the Region’s arterial road system, and providing technical advice and support on the natural environment related to development.
• Successful completion of a three (3) year Community College Diploma in Resource Management Technology, Natural Environment Technology or approved related program.
• Eligibility to obtain Registered Professional Forester status within two (2) years of hire, as well as arboriculture certification under the International Society of Arboriculture.
• Experience in urban forestry, forest management and/or a natural resource field including integrated management of both coniferous and deciduous forest types.
• Knowledge of urban forest principles and concepts related to transportation planning, design, construction and maintenance.
• Knowledge of applicable Acts, legislation and by-laws including The Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
• Valid Driver’s Licence free of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
• Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Microsoft programs such as word processing, spread sheet and database applications and GIS.
• Demonstrated skills to read and interpret road and development construction drawings and specifications in relation to impacts on vegetation.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to present, communicate information to diverse audiences.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
• Work outside regular business hours on occasion, as required.
0800 – 1600
Read more here:: GFIS