Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
Position Title : Consultant – Field Coordinator (NPM)
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Classification : Consultant, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Consultant, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 30 November 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Heads of Sub Offices (HoSO) in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh and the direct supervision of the Needs and Population Monitoring (NPM) Coordinator and in coordination other relevant programme managers/coordinators, and Inter-Sector Coordination Group (ISCG), the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing field operational aspects and requirements of NPM implementation and of various activities or projects which may develop within the NPM unit. In particular, s/he will
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Support in operational management of NPM field activities implementation including data collection, monitoring, and data verification activities.
Support in the supervision and management of the activities and the development of a country wide strategy of the data management and other relevant operations.
Supervise field assessment with multi-layered data collection techniques to gather timely information about displacement, population mobility, movement flows, and any other source of data required.
Regularly report to NPM Coordinator on field activities progress, issues, and other information relevant with NPM field activities and implementation.
Regularly monitor, propose, and implement all necessary modifications on relevant operational aspects in the field.
Supervise field staff and enumerators, prepare and organize appropriate trainings for the data collection team on issues related to NPM operations, including data collection methods and procedures on a regular basis.
Support programme implementation and overall management of the data collection team. Track progress and ensure that deadlines are met.
Liaise in the fields with relevant authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, Government authorities, and other stakeholders on operational issues relevant to the field activities. Represent NPM at relevant operational meetings in the field.
Support the organization and deployment of NPM missions to the field. Organize the logistics for and procurement of NPM materials to ensure timely response.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Communications, Information Management, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience
• Experience working in international organizations and the humanitarian community;
• Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance;
• Experience in project management and implementation;
• Experience in data collection and assessment operations;
• Strong computer background, including experience with Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing;
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Bengali/Chittagonian is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment or visa requirements and security clearances.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 30 November 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 17.11.2017 to 30.11.2017
Requisition: CON 2017/81 – Consultant – Field Coordinator (NPM) – Cox’s Bazar, Bangaldesh (55246817) Released Posting: Posting NC55246818 (55246818) Release
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT