Storybook Tree Services stresses RELIABILITY AND SAFETY on all jobs and constant vigilance and mindfulness is of the utmost importance on the Tree Crew. Being aware of inherent dangers in the tree industry and the knowledge to avoid them is most important.
Storybook encourages education and continued job skill improvement. We are members of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and promote employees obtaining their certifications and Arborist Licensing. All Storybook employees have an expectation to always promote our services and products and embrace the importance of networking to bring more business connections that will lead to future clients and more services for existing clients. Currently we are looking to hire a contract climber.
- 3-4 Years’ Experience in the Field;
- Assist and participate in all aspects of tree pruning, removals, cable and bracing planting and after care using industry accepted practices including stumping operations;
- Communicates well with both customers and other team members;
- Candidates must be professional and hardworking with a strong focus on safety.
- Skill and knowledge to operate and also perform maintenance on specialized equipment including a chipper, stump grinder, and chainsaw in a safe and responsible manner;
- Can safely and efficiently operate the tools of the trade;
- The desire to continue skill development, advance education and maintain certifications and accreditations.
- Collecting debris and refuse from tree trimming and removal operations into piles to be handled as each job specifies. Hauling, chipping and maintaining a cleared safe work zone;
- Trimming, topping, limbing-up, pruning, and shaping trees and shrubs following arboriculture practices.;
- Cabling, bracing, tying, bolting, staking and guying trees and branches;
- Safely operates specialized arboricultural equipment including; chain saws, tree climbing saddles and ropes, ladders, aerial lift devices, brush trucks and dump trucks;
- Controls traffic around work-site, answers questions, and provides information and recommendations about tree services;
Follows and readily accepts oral and written instructions related to tree work, maintains work schedule set by the project coordinator, completes routine paperwork and daily time sheets;
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the task. Follows safety rules and maintains safe working conditions.
- ISA or government certified, preferred;
- Preferred candidates have a drivers license (AZ-DZ preferable) and a clean driving abstract;
- First Aid/CPR;
- Bucket truck experience would be an asset, not a requirement.
Read more here:: GFIS