Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 10 Dec 2017
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. PURPOSE OF THE POST
Under the supervision of the Planning Specialist, responsible for the coordination and management of the donor reporting and funding proposals schedules and strategies; in collaboration with the communication section, to ensure adequate mobilization of funding in support of the results of the country program of cooperation as well as emergency and humanitarian responses in fulfillment of the rights of children and women in the country.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a proposal and fund raising work plan in tandem with the overall country program and UNDAF resources mobilization plan and results. Responds to evolving fundraising opportunities by writing or modifying proposals in conjunction with concerned sections, related operations units (e.g. supply and logistics) and donor representatives.
- Drafts new reports in consultation with project officers. Edits reports before submitting them to donors, ensuring that they satisfy appropriate UNICEF guidelines, are grammatically correct and clearly written and match funding utilization agreements and guidelines.
- Keeps track of due reports, deadlines and specific reporting requirements of each contribution using the updated donor report schedule and electronic/hard copy filing system. Make sure project officers in sections prepare draft reports or inputs to reports sufficiently in advance in order to meet report deadlines.
- Makes use of UNICEF information systems as necessary to produce tabular reports for each contribution, showing utilization of contributed funds and ensures funding sources comply with funding agreements. Participates in Project review, annual reviews, previews, meetings. Analyzes and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommends corrective actions related to donor reporting requirements, when necessary.
- Works with Communication section to obtain appropriate photographs and stories to enrich reports. Draws on library of existing reports, and proposals adapting them in order to meet ongoing reporting requirements
- Participates in implementation and monitoring missions as required, gathering information to be included in reports. Participates in donor visitations to project sites and documents project site reports. Ensures quality and accuracy of donor updates, situation reports (sitreps) produced by sections and APO for increased knowledge on the use of donor funds,
Participates in other report writing functions such as Annual Report, Review Reports and Project reports in the office and in
Ensures the accurate and timely input of reports and related program information in the computerized program system, and issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
To qualify for the vacant post, applicants need to have
- Advanced university degree in communication, languages or social science.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in development project management and reporting. This entails excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer management skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Experience in editing and reporting.
- Ability to organize and implement mission/donor visits.
- Good negotiating and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
Fluency in English and another UN language is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty,
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507950
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT