This permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in High Prairie, Alberta and requires someone with the forestry education and experience in planning harvesting areas, including road layout and construction. Relocation assistance is being offered.
How can you stand out? If You….
- Are eligible to obtain Regulated Forestry Professional status in Alberta
- Have several years of experience as an Area / Woodlands Supervisor and have been accountable for the planning and approval of harvesting areas including road layout and construction, silviculture and post-harvest programs, safety and financial performance targets ensuring that all operations comply with government regulations
- Are interested in living in a beautiful community offering an active lifestyle with events and activities for all ages… This role might be for you!
As an integral part of the Woodlands team, you are passionate about leading a successful team with a focus on safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Your proven track record related to planning, goal setting and ensuring operations comply with government regulations has contributed to your career success, thus far.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have a degree from a post-secondary education program accredited by CFAB (Canadian Forestry Accreditation Board)
- Have technical forestry and logging related skills and a thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines and regulations and other applicable forestry legislation
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office
Our client is a well known and well respected employer who manufactures lumber, panel products, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products in its operations across Western Canada. As an industry leader in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forestry / Woodlands Supervisory: 3 years
Read more here:: GFIS