With 33 projects on over 2.6 million acres of forest producing more than 60 million compliance California Air Resources Board compliance offsets, Finite Carbon is the leading US developer of forest carbon offsets for California’s cap-and-trade program. We offer an end-to-end solution for forest owners wishing to participate in the carbon market including project feasibility, inventory, modeling and documentation, verification oversight, timber-carbon decision support, and offset sales.
Finite Carbon’s team of ten full-time carbon and forestry experts with deep experience in timber management, forest conservation and forest carbon accounting seeks a GIS manager to assist in project development and database management as the company continues to grow. For more information, please visit www.finitecarbon.com
Finite Carbon offers an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to learn from industry veterans and participate in the success of the business. Finite Carbon has a wide range of clients from tribes, land trusts, and family forests to the largest TIMOs and public REITs in the country. It prides itself on working as an advocate of these landowners and is committed to integrity and fair dealing in all of its business interactions. As such, Finite Carbon expects potential candidates to hold these same values in high regard.
- Work with the project development team by learning and executing proprietary workflow processes embedded in GIS, growth and yield modeling, database management, and quantification of forest carbon offsets.
- Assist in preparation of offset project data reports and verification documentation.
- Assist with feasibility studies to estimate project performance and valuation of forest carbon assets for new and existing clients.
- Develop forest carbon inventory designs.
- Travel when necessary to project sites, team training meetings, and /or conferences.
- B.S. in forestry or related natural resources management degree.
- Masters level degree in GIS or related field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years in geographic information technologies (required)
- Minimum of 2-5 years forestry consulting or forest products industry, or related natural resource experience dealing with forest operations and timber management, such as timber sale administration, or environmental sciences (preferred)
- Minimum of 2-5 years of timber cruising and inventory design or statistical sampling (required).
- Minimum of 2-5 years of GIS accounting and database management or computer programming (required)
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Advanced user in ESRI ArcMap and GIS analysis
- Advanced user of MS Excel and MS Access or similar for inventory database management
- Experience or familiarity with FVS and/or Remsoft is a plus, but not required
- Forester credential including state licensure and/or SAF Certified Forester or Association of Consulting Foresters membership strongly preferred, but not required
Read more here:: GFIS