Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 11 Dec 2017
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. And we never give up!
Click here to learn more about UNICEF: https://youtube/E1xkXZs0cAQ
For Every Child, AN ADVOCATE:
In an effort to measurably improve UNICEF’s ability to deliver better results for children, there is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world’s thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference. The Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist reports to the Chief Field Office for supervision. The Specialist’s main task is to ensure that the UNICEF Field Office has a robust data management system that is useful, valid, with reliable information on the situation of children’s and women’s rights and can easily be retrieved for analytical work; including the performance of UNICEF-supported programmes as well as their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability, and in the emergency contexts, their coverage, coordination and coherence.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Programme planning and monitoring
- Data analysis, data management and data dissemination
- Evaluation and research
- Results reporting
- Network and Partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building **
Programme Planning and programme monitoring:
- Provides support to the CFO and lead in designing the process for developing/review/revision of the state strategy notes and other related strategic planning documents at different points in time during the implementation of the country programme**.**
- Under the leadership of the CFO, coordinates the preparation of results-based, equitable and rolling work plans for the state as well as review exercises of the same. Establishes quality assurance mechanisms related to improved planning and effective use of planning tools in the field office in line with the results based management principles and standards.
- Identifies capacity building requirements and systematically explore opportunities for strengthening RBM skills for government counterparts through the nodal department, other partners and UNICEF programme staff.
- Conceptualize establishing programme monitoring mechanisms including mid-year and annual reviews, mid-term reviews, strategic moments of reflection, ensuring identification of progress and encounter of bottlenecks to be addressed by the programmes. offices.
- Develop and support monitoring for convergent outcomes in alignment with RMP, divisional approach and action plan of GoUP. Consolidate the data from the divisional monitoring of selected indicators for programme planning and follow up with GoUP.
- Organize and disseminate quarterly monitoring reports to Department of Planning and other departments concerned with key social sector flagship programmes
Data analysis, data management and data dissemination:
- Carry out and use advanced statistical analyses of raw data from big data sources, MIS of different flagship programmes, demographic and household surveys, and programme monitoring data to inform programming for children particularly in identifying hidden inequities and vulnerabilities.
- Establish convergent data systems and takes the technical lead in the conduct of correlational analyses, use of appropriate methods to conduct analyses (e.g. statistical modelling techniques for forecasting) for key indicators
- Assume the lead in the conceptualization and execution of the data strategy for children in the stat. Conceptualize, develop and execute innovative ways and platforms for popularizing data to various audiences in all outcomes including cross sectoral programmes. Determine various options and ways for maximum use of data to support efforts in convergent programming and policy work.
- Conceptualize, develop and coordinate the application a comprehensive and coordinated data base system for all UNICEF-supported programmes/projects in the state with the intent of ease in retrieval, access and use.
- In humanitarian situations, provide professional support for rapid assessments (either through inter-agency or independently, if necessary) to be carried out within the first 48-72 hours, working in close collaboration with the humanitarian partners. Develop and use real time data collection tools based on the local context and needs for quick response in emergency situations.
- Provides support in quality assurance of HACT implementation, review of the PCA proposals to ensure that it is aligned with the UNICEF results.
- Generate strong scientific evidences using nationally owned data systems including Government-supported large-scale survey, reported and programme monitoring data systems to track SDG indicators and also to assess the determinants of differentials. In coordination with other stakeholders, establish and maintain a comprehensive SDG indicator repository and track their changes to inform the programmes.
- Develop a situation monitoring and assessment system owned by all key partners that supports the preparation of state level statistical and analytical reports on the status of children’s and women’s rights issues and which allow, when opportunities emerge to influence developmental and social policies; including technical support to state and national reporting obligations as well as reports on progress of SDGs, CRC and CEDAW.
Evaluation and research:
- Make professional and technical contributions to conceptualization, planning, major research and data gathering activities, monitoring and evaluation priorities and activities of the UNICEF cooperation including the development, implementation and reporting of annual M&E plans;
- Organize materials, briefings and all required administrative arrangements to ensure external consultants are provided appropriate and comprehensive information to start and continue effectively and efficiently the conduct of evaluations.
- Keep abreast of evaluation progress to proactively meet the evaluators’ need for information or other related issues to ensure delivery of results as scheduled and allocated.
- Support the evaluation budget preparation. Monitor and verify the use of resources for compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on critical issues/findings to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Collect and maintain roster of qualified evaluators and firms, ensure continued update, verification and quality assessment of their suitability for evaluation projects. Develop and maintain an effective system for dissemination of the roster for easy access.
- Prepare timely analytical documents highlighting critical areas for management progress monitoring, oversight and action. **
- Under the leadership of the CO, conceptualize and implement results reporting system in the field office including quality assurance process to ensure that the reports on progress towards results demonstrate change and in line with RBM principles and standard.
- Analyses and evaluates data based on SMT Dashboard/RMP/ other online platforms and tools that may become available to assess the progress made towards the flagship results and the outcomes and submit reports to the CFO.
Networking and partnership building;
- Provide technical and operational support to a wide range of stakeholders and evaluators on UNICEF and UNEG policies, practices, standards and norms.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate evaluation and build their capacity for evaluation planning and implementation.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building;
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned from evaluations for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts.
- Research and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems for evaluations.
- Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
Impact of Results:
The efficiency and efficacy of support provided by the Officer to the CMT and wide range stakeholders contribute to the successful planning and execution of evaluation efforts that in turn result in improved country office and national stakeholders’ development planning, performance and achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
Effective implementation of evaluations enhances UNICEF’s capacity and credibility in delivering highly effective programs and concrete and sustainable results that directly improve services to mothers and children in the country.
To qualify as a championfor every child you will have…
Requirements of the position (QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES):-
- Advance degree in statistics, biostatistics, applied mathematics, demography or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in data analytics, social development analysis and programming at the international and/or in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in program/project monitoring and evaluation in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all national, religious, gender and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a nonsmoking working environment.
For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: – http://unicef.in/Wherewework
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=508983
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT