Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 28 Nov 2017
POSITION TITLE : CLINICAL IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO : SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR
LOCATION : MIGORI
Position Summary: Under the supervision of Senior Technical Advisor, Clinical Improvement Specialist will offer technical support to the PACT TIMIZA supported health facilities in expanded high quality integrated HIV care and treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Co-ordinate the planning, conducting, analyzing and disseminating results of site capacity assessments (using the TQA tool) at supported facilities.
· Ensure achievement of program’s annual service delivery targets for the region and develop remedial plans where the targets fall short.
· Ensure synergy with the sub county technical team in site level supervision.
· Responsible for outlining mechanisms and a feedback loop for all activities in the work plan, when and how they were accomplished outlining pending issues.
· Collect and analyze monthly Quality of service indicator (QOS) reports from health facilities and provides guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes.
· Support facility teams to build local capacity for quality improvement activities by establishing work improvement teams (WITs) at different departments that identify gaps subsequently prioritizing, analyzing, and implementing QI projects.
· Maintain thorough documentation of activities and tracks deliverables.
· Coordinate dashboard reviews of project clinical outcomes and utilize project data to prioritize interventions.
· Take lead in compilation of the monthly activity reports and quarterly project performance report.
· Provide representation as delegated in critical stakeholder meetings and activities.
· Maintain current knowledge of medical practice standards and developments.
· M.B.Ch.B, MD or MBBS required with significant field experience in clinical and/or community-based care of persons living with HIV/AIDS.
· Registered Clinical officer with over five years’ experience in HIV/ AIDS program implementation may be considered.
· Experience in Health Care programming at the field level and providing technical assistance to partner organizations knowledge and experience of ART programmatic and technical issues highly desired.
· Program management experience and experience in a supervisory role is a plus.
· Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
· Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development.
· Knowledge and experience with Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework.
· Experience with US government reporting and grant management and implementation environment is a plus.
· Experience with participatory planning and evaluation methods preferred.
· Experience working with government institutions, counties and local partners.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and project management skills.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with an eye for detail.
· Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
How to apply:
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 28th November 2017. Applicants are advised to include the position title “Clinical Improvement Specialist” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI