Organization: European Commission’s Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations
Closing date: 03 Dec 2017
A relevant second level university degree in the Health sector. A background of Medical Doctor is an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience at national or international level in supporting
- programmes/ project operations, including 2 years of experience with an NGO, donor or national/ international
- organisation, in Health and preferably in the Americas.
- Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and Standards
- Good knowledge of international NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement
- Good knowledge of the EU humanitarian aid system
- Excellent command of Office Software package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet explorer, Outlook)
- Information Management skills will be an asset.
Languages: Excellent command of English and Spanish (oral and written). French will be an asset.
Job description: The incumbent serves as Programme Officer Health in ECHO Regional Office based in Managua and carries out activities to contribute to the delivery of an effective humanitarian response in the LAC Region.
The job holder conducts assessments; develop strategies and represents ECHO when appropriate. The programme officer may be asked to run an office and supervise staff in the absence of a TA or, when in a RO, be in charge of regional overview tasks.
S/he prepares reports on the humanitarian situation in the LAC Region including any political, economic and security events relevant to the analysis of the humanitarian situation in the country/region.
How to apply:
Applicants must be Nicaraguan nationals or residents holding a valid working permit and must be aware that the first contract will be for one year, with the option to be renewed. Contracts will be ruled under the Nicaraguan labour legislation. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their Curriculum Vitae in English (Europass CV Template and only which can be found at http://www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu) as well as all the related documentation (diplomas, working attestations) to the e-mail address: ECHO-Administration.Managua@echofield.eu, with the subject “ECHO-VACANCY Programme Officer Health RO”.
Applications must be received no later than 3 rd December, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any kind of influence in the qualification of the request will disqualify the candidate
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV