Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 29 Nov 2017
Position Title : Programme Officer (Pakistan Transition Initiative)
Duty Station : Islamabad, Pakistan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 29 November 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Islamabad and the direct supervision of the Pakistan Transition Initiative Program Manager, and in close coordination with the Deputy Program Manager the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing all NGO and soft grant programming implemented under PTI.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Lead the NGO and ‘soft programming’ through each grant’s activity cycle including grant identification and development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and close-out by liaising with and supporting all relevant units and field offices.
Ensure rapid identification, development and commitment to soft grants of final program funds and de-obligations to meet program close-out timelines.
Oversee the review and submission of all grant documentation for soft grants and NGO grants.
Update PTI Senior Management on the course of the program as well as the implementation of NGO and soft grants.
Work with implementing partners and field staff to facilitate and/or maintain gender balance in programmatic activities.
Develop and manage relationships and activities with new and existing NGOs and implementing partners to advance the program’s objectives through implementation of small grants.
Review and finalize relevant reports as required by the Program Manager and the donor.
Coordinate with PTI Senior Management and field team leaders on broader programmatic and strategic issues related to the NGO and soft grants program component and suggest improvements.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the design and implementation of small-scale in-kind grants;
• Previous work experience in Central or South Asia, particularly on similar programming and familiarity working with NGOs.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Urdu and Pashto is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 29 November 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 16.11.2017 to 29.11.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/210 (P) – Programme Officer (PTI) (P2) – Islamabad, Pakistan (55246035) Released
Posting: Posting NC55246059 (55246059) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT