Strategic Natural Resource Consultants is one of the most highly regarded natural resource consulting firms on the West Coast. Strategic adopts an innovative and resourceful model of problem solving that can be seen in our technical expertise, project management and planning. This belief in resourceful thinking carries into our implementation as well. We employ dynamic on-the-ground professionals across BC. Our personnel are industry leaders in resource and land management, professional forestry, construction support services, environmental science, geomatics, and remote site project development.
We are seeking a Timber Development & Engineering Senior Field Engineer to join our team. They will play a key leadership role within our existing team of professionals. The successful applicant is a hard working individual with a passion for working outdoors. They need to be an effective manager and mentor, and be interested in tackling challenging projects, including business development.
– Registered or eligible for registration with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as an RPF or RFT
– Experience working in BC’s Forestry industry for at least three years
– Passionate about physical work in adverse conditions and is flexible towards camp shifts
– Solid experience with cut block & road location reconnaissance, layout, and survey
– Extensive knowledge of harvest & silviculture systems
– A great written and verbal communicator, who is adaptable and positive towards learning new technologies and processes
– Proven self-motivator that is well organized and possesses leadership qualities
As a successful applicant, you will work closely with our junior staff to mentor and develop them in the following skills:
– Knowledge of forest legislation for both private and crown land
– Navigation and map reading skills, GPS surveys and applications, and general computer skills
– Knowledge of harvesting & silvicultural systems
– Ensuring that employees are both results oriented & able to operate as a team
– Demonstrating role model behaviour on ethics & integrity as well as positively promoting company culture
– Experience working around trucks, ATVs, boats, snowmobiles, float planes & helicopters
We pride ourselves on maintaining a safe, respectful and fun work environment that promotes values such as teamwork, professional accountability, and work/life balance. All applicants must be enthusiastic workers and learners who thrive and excel in a team environment. Positive attitude and dedication to workplace safety are critical to your role with our team.
We offer a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits for full-time employees.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Read more here:: GFIS