Hatfield Consultants provides a range of services to support sustainable management of natural and planted forests. We have extensive experience in implementing forest management projects in Indonesia and throughout Southeast Asia, including support to the mining, plantation, pulp and paper, and biodiversity conservation sectors. The Senior Forestry Manager will be responsible for managing the Forestry Services group at PT Hatfield Indonesia, ensuring the delivery of high quality services to our clients in Indonesia and other regions, and developing and implementing a strategy to expand Hatfield’s forestry business.
The Senior Forestry Manager will be part of the senior management group at PT Hatfield Indonesia and collaborate with Hatfield’s other international offices (Canada, Mekong, and southern Africa). The goal is to build a strong diverse team of national and international experts, headquartered in Bogor/Jakarta, but operating internationally in partnership with other Hatfield offices.
The Senior Forestry Manager will work under the general direction of the President of PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) with additional support from Hatfield’s head office in Vancouver, Canada.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading marketing and business development activities in the forestry sector for Hatfield in Indonesia and internationally for private sector and public sector clients, and international development organizations. Activities include: marketing and business development to existing and potential clients; strengthening corporate relationships with clients; gather business intelligence for corporate marketing activities; remaining current with planned projects; and managing the preparation of proposals and proposal negotiations with clients.
- Management and oversight of forestry projects, including preparation of project work plans, schedules, and budgets; management of technical activities; coordination of technical staff and sub-consultants to ensure efficient use of resources; preparation and editing of project documents; ensuring project deliverables and proposals are produced to international standards; and any additional tasks required to ensure that project outputs are completed on time, on budget and to acceptable quality standards.
- Provide technical leadership, with strong knowledge of international and national forestry and related laws, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Demonstrated project management, business development, and team management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written – technical and scientific writing). Ability to speak Bahasa Indonesian is an advantage.
- Experience with delivering forestry services in Indonesia or southeast Asia, including biodiversity assessments, climate change/REDD+, forest stewardship and certifications, forestry inventory/carbon stock assessment, high conservation value assessment, peat land management and forest fire issues, palm oil certification, and forest rehabilitation planning.
- Familiarity with International donor funded projects (different grant mechanisms).
- Minimum ten years of consulting experience.
- Minimum M.Sc. degree in forest management, or equivalent experience.
Read more here:: GFIS