Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
The Project Director (PD) will report to the Technical Director and provide global strategic program, administrative and financial leadership for ICAP’s proposed Resilient and Responsive Health Systems (RRHS) in South Sudan program. The PD will be the primary point of contact with HRSA, regional and local government counterparts, and partner institutions and will foster partnerships and collaborative relationships between ICAP, HRSA, and other stakeholders. The PD will work to ensure that program activities are completed on time, within budget, and in line with HRSA requirements.
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of project activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with the Principle Investigator, develop, execute and continually update the strategic plan for the RRHS project in South Sudan and in neighboring countries where program activities target the South Sudanese refugee population
- Participate actively in the development of innovative approaches for pre-service, in-service and community-based education and Human Resources for Health (HRH) workforce development
- Lead the design of interventions while ensuring the quality and maximum sustainability of all initiatives through effective health workforce education and capacity building programs.
- Lead the annual work planning process and contribute to planning meetings with the donor.
- Manage a project team of highly qualified staff, aligning their efforts with project goals.
- Oversee all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems, review outputs for quality control.
- Represent the project in all matters pertaining to the execution of project-related activities including interactions with the most senior levels representatives of partner institutions.
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with the other USG partners and funders, which may include private sector partnerships.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project activities and results to the donor.
- Present progress, achievements, briefing documents and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including the donor, government officials, and other implementing partners.
- Medical Degree, RN or Master’s degree in public health, health management, international development or a related field.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the design and implementation of pre-service education (curriculum design and implementation), capacity building programs, and HIV programs or related public health programs in the context of a developing country, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Exhibit a high level of diplomacy while working with government partners at the national or regional levels in resource-constrained settings.
- Strong familiarity and command of USG regulations and compliance.
- Record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing donor financed projects.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising staff, team building and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Project Director HRSA RRHS – South Sudan ” in the subject line.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI