Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 15 Dec 2017
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Syria , direct supervision of the Deputy FAO Representative, and in close collaboration of relevant programme and operations staff, the senior national agronomist will support the development of the implementation and development of FAO programme and projects in the cereal seed sector. The incumbent accomplish below specific tasks:
· Provide technical to FAO progamme and projects for cereal production and resilience building in the country
· Support the comprehensive development of seed multiplication and production programme and projects in close collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture
· Conduct field missions to identify needs for seed sector programme and projects formulation
· In close collaboration with FAO technical officers in RNE and HQ and the relevant authorities and counterparts in the Ministry of agriculture, formulate technical specifications and quantities for inputs requirements and packaging (seeds, seedlings, tools, etc);
· Coordinate and supervise inputs for the project activities concerned with the distribution of agricultural inputs, including trainings and capacity building of beneficiaries and implementing partners
· Design training programmes for farmers groups in improved crop production, processing, value addition, storage and marketing, quality seeds, etc. Assist implementing partners, including short-term consultants, in implementation of training programmes
· Supervise the performance of FAO’s implementing partners for the distribution of agricultural inputs and the capacity building of project beneficiaries, to ensure that they adhere to the terms and conditions of LoAs and MoUs signed between the parties, and advise the Programme Coordinator on any corrective measures to be taken
· Developing of guidelines for the distribution of agricultural cereal seed and criteria for the selection of beneficiaries
· Support in drafting and/ or review of agronomic related contracts, letters of agreements, terms of reference, subcontracting and partnerships with appropriate organizations and partners, ensuring good management of financial resources;
· Provide leadership and support in planning and implementation of drought and climate resilient research for local seed systems and cereal production Provide any other support as required;
Monthly progress report on achievement against the above tasks.
-Master degree in agriculture sciences, agricultural economics and related field
-10 years of professional experience in agriculture.
-Fluency in English & Arabic.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlisting.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT