Closing date: 19 Nov 2017
STREAM Guiding Framework Development Terms of Reference
Organization: Somalia Resilience Action Consortium (STREAM Consortium)
Position Type: Short-Term Consultancy
Assessment Topic: STREAM Guiding Framework Development Terms of Reference
Duration: Four (4) days
Reporting To: Consortium M&E Coordinator
Wor**king With:** STREAM Consortium Secretariat, ACTED, SADO and Adeso Monitoring and Evaluation Units
Starting Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: November 19, 2017
Vac**an**c**y Contact:** Please send applications to email@example.com, Adeso will only respond to short-listed applicants.
INTRODUCTION TO STREAM
Somalia Resilience Action (STREAM) is a humanitarian Consortium formed in early 2013 by ACTED/SADO and Adeso to provide a sustainable opportunity for resilience building for communities chronically affected by food insecurity and humanitarian crises in Lower Juba. Targeted communities benefit through the delivery of predictable and regular cash transfers to vulnerable households, alongside investment in diverse livelihood bases. The project is also supporting community led preparedness, early warning and timely response systems.
STREAM Consortium partners have been engaged in social safety net and other forms of cash transfer, including emergency cash transfer in Somalia and other countries of the world. In Somalia, STREAM partners have been implementing social safety net programs for over a decade. This has led to the need to define and differentiate social safety net from other forms of social protection and emergency cash transfer. Further, STREAM wants to identify how graduation model and other recovery/ development initiatives can be aligned to social safety net programs to lead to sustainable development. STREAM has cut a niche for itself in the social safety net sector and would like to develop its work further, providing leadership and support to other agencies interested in the sector in Somalia.
The overall Objective of this consultancy is to develop a brief framework paper to guide the STREAM Consortium work in sustainable Social Safety Net Programming.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of the work for the consultant will include but not limited to:
a) Review of existing documents ( project proposals, reports and evaluations on past and present social safety net projects);
b) Undertake a situational analysis, given the donor desired direction and experiences of drought response and other similar mechanisms used elsewhere;
c) Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
d) Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
e) Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period
A guiding framework (strategy) paper including results and resource framework
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of4 working days.
The Consultant will report directly to the Consortium Coordinator. The coordinator will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment including, current project documents, past project proposals and reports. The Coordinator shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field in the areas of planning, public policy, development studies and or equivalent, relevant education qualifications.
· At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management
· Prior working experience on decentralization issues is an added advantage
· Demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs especially in the area of capacity development c) Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to work with minimal supervision;
· High level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
· Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners; Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
· Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related work
IN**T**ELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS**
All documentation related to the assignment shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the STREAM Consortium.
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “STREAM Guiding Framework Development Terms of Reference” not later than 19th November 2017.** The selection committee consisting of the secretariat will review all applications on rolling basis.
· All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described. The application must have a one page cover letter; Technical proposal and proposed comprehensive budget for the whole assignment.
· Samples of recently written reports on similar assignments. Individual sector assignment reports can also be submitted in lieu of the above.
· Updated CVs of the individual consultants or the company profile detailing the composition, management and areas pf expertise.
· Contact details for at least three references the consortium can contact.
Adeso will only respond to short-listed applicants.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT