The City of Lakewood is currently seeking a full-time Tree Crew Worker in its Streets and Forestry Division. This is a full time AFSCME Bargaining Unit position with an hourly rate of $24.18 – $24.66. Normal working hours are 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (M-F).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess adequate body strength to be able to climb and work with power tools for extended periods in high trees and be able to lift heavy objects; must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to work from ladders and scaffolds; must possess good eyesight and perception with good eye-hand coordination; must possess good hearing and possess good communication skills; must have full use of both hands, arms and legs; must possess a good working knowledge of knots and ropes; care and maintenance of general tree equipment; must possess a good working knowledge of branch and tree removal; must possess the ability to work in high places with basic climber materials (rope and saddle); must possess a thorough knowledge of safe work practices for branch removal and pruning of the various species of trees; must possess the ability and willingness to learn the operation of motorized tree equipment; must possess a working knowledge of brush chipper operation. The Selected candidate may be required to work shift assignments and overtime during the winter months for snow and ice control December through March.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Class A Ohio Commercial Driver’s License with less than eight (8) points within sixty (60) days of appointment.
- Minimum of three (3) year’s actual climbing experience.
- Weight proportionate to body size per the Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy Standards plus 10%.
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City.
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical examination including drug test and police background investigation.
- May be required to work shifts and operate other Streets/Forestry equipment and vehicles.
- Must have the ability to be certified as an Arborist and maintain certification within one year.
- Must be able to work safely near power lines as per OSHA standards.
- Must report for forestry storm work as needed.
ONLY QUALIFIED interested applicants should submit a resume AND an application either on-line (at www.onelakewood.com) or to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107.
Application deadline is Monday, December 11, 2017 at 4:00pm.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Read more here:: GFIS