Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 11 Dec 2017
Call for Applications
Position Title : AVRR Project Officer
Duty Station : Tunis, Tunisia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11 December 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the direct supervision of the CT/AVRR Project Manager and under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in coordination with relevant Units in the Mission as well as at Headquarters (HQs) and RO Cairo, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing support and contributing to the successful implementation of protection and Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) activities in Tunisia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist with planning, preparation and adjustment of all aspects of AVRR related activities, , including work plans and arrangements required for the effective and timely .implementation of AVRR activities, namely the provision of humanitarian and emergency assistance to migrants, the coordination of AVRR movements, or the organization of training for national counterparts.
Support in the liaison with relevant Embassies and governmental counterparts for all AVRR
Promote best practices on AVRR, effectiveness, coherence and integrity, as well as ensure synergies with other AVRR project activities in the mission as well as in the region.
Support in the delivery of training workshops on AVRR and related Protection issues, in coordination with CT/AVRR Project Manager, and other relevant colleagues.
Implement and monitor operational, financial and administrative components/aspects of AVRR activities in close coordination with ADM/FIN Unit, with the CT/AVRR Project Manager, and other relevant colleagues.
Draft the project reports, including ad hoc, interim, annual and end-of-project reports, in a timely manner, in accordance with IOM procedures and donor requirements.
Ensure adequate information management of AVRR related activities, including awareness-raising and visibility, through preparation and submission of monthly reports, press releases and production of other relevant materials. Respond to any ad hoc information requests from other IOM units, donors and the Government of Tunisia.
Support regular monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
Oversee return and reintegration activities in Countries of Origin (CoO) and liaise with IOM CoO offices to ensure provision of targeted assistance.
Regularly review and assess the current guidelines on reintegration and make recommendations to ensure our reintegration interventions remain effective and efficient.
Recommend improvements regarding synergy between AVRR projects, regional reintegration projects and development of programmes in target countries of return in order to guarantee a comprehensive assistance to vulnerable cases.
Identify and recommend the implementation of improvements in project delivery, data management and coordination.
Support project development efforts for the continuation of existing projects as well as new projects in the field of AVRR, in close coordination with the CoM, the CT/AVRR Project Manager, Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist and other relevant colleagues.
Participate in conferences, working groups, workshops, steering committees, policy and technical working groups, as well as other forums to ensure proper coordination and presentation of IOM work in the field of AVRR as may be requested by PM or COM.
Undertake duty travel relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, project implementation, M&E as required.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Business Administration, Political Science, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in project development, implementation and evaluation, and/or programme management;
• Experience liaison with donors and government counterparts;
• Knowledge of project formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
• Experience providing support to national efforts in the area of training/capacity building, law enforcement, operations and/or migrant assistance (trafficking in human beings and assisted voluntary return and reintegration – AVRR) would be an advantage;
• Experience working with vulnerable migrant populations, such as victims of trafficking, and background in human rights protection;
• Work experience with international organizations, non-government institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting and/or humanitarian emergency experience would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic Language is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• Emergency and Crisis – Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments. Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures. Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners. Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. For this staff category, candidates who are
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements and security clearances.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 11 December 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 28.11.2017 to 11.12.2017
Requisition: CFA 2017/57 (P) – AVRR Project Officer (UG) – Tunis, Tunisia (55245889) Released
Posting: Posting NC55245890 (55245890) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT