Forester’s Co-Op is a forest resource management company servicing client needs throughout the State of California.
We offer above average compensation and opportunities to gain varied work experience.
Forester’s Co-Op, located in Grass Valley, CA, has an immediate, seasonal opening for a Utility Forester for scheduled workloads performing vegetation right of way survey and tree removal crew management.
Primary responsibilities include planning and field oversight of right of way vegetation clearing projects as well as performing vegetation inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect and inventory trees and other vegetation, which may conflict with utility infrastructure. Identification and documentation of species and locations through GPS point acquisition.
• Submittal of inspection results to utility clients and provide recommendations or corrective actions.
• Plan, direct, organized and coordinate contract tree crew operations.
• Ensure tree work is conducted in accordance with OSHA, ANSI Z133, and client safety programs.
• Maintain records of vegetation treatments.
• Additional duties may include assisting staff foresters with traditional forestry field work such as timber marking, GPS collection, timber cruising, vegetation control applications, and timber sale layout.
• Travel is required
• Ability to work in inclement weather and harsh field conditions for extended periods of time is required.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time is required
• Minimum of three years’ experience in utility forestry or arboriculture
• Current ISA Certified Arborist
• Valid Driver’s license with excellent driving record
• Strong tree identification skills
• Knowledge of ANSI Z133
• Knowledge of general Microsoft applications
• Must be results oriented
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and work independently
• Two or four-year degree in Forestry, Natural Science or Horticulture (may be substituted for two years of experience)
• ISA Certified Utility Arborist
• ISA Qualified Tree Risk Assessor
• CA DPR Qualified Applicators License or Certificate.
Read more here:: GFIS