Forestry Equipment Service Technicians Required ASAP.
IN these newly created positions we are looking for the best of the best to work for a global OEM that is supporting new equipment throughout the Forests of Australia, New Zealand and PNG. The company employee over 32,000 people globally and they one of the biggest names in the industry. The have manufacturing bases based in Europe, UK and USA. They pride themselves on invitation and technical delivery of the best equipped products on the market. Here within Australia they have national network and they wish to increase its technical team by bringing on the best service technicians and making them better. Education and aftermarket support along with excellent tuition and proven on boarding process will give you the ability to best trained service tech’s within Australia.
In this role you’re going to be starting in the workshop to begin with and then depending on your technical level and ability to diagnose or trouble shoot on heavy plant equipment will come down to your skill set. Each employee that is within the field must and has gone through this direction because it’s important that everyone is trained in the same direction but when the national technical manager or National service manager calls they need to be able to depend on you to complete the role / job but also have the advanced skills to problem solve and work towards a solution to get the machine back up and running as quickly as possible.
Once out on the field you’re going to be working on a huge variety of equipment but it will be mainly focused on Forestry equipment. Do give you and understanding of these types of equipment they are
- Log Skidders
- Wheeled & Tracked Harvesters
- Feller Bunchers
- Log Loaders
- Horizontal mulchers & Crushers
- Tub Grinders
- Felling Heads
- Harvesting Headers
You’re going to working every part of the machine from engine problems, boom hydraulic systems, track re alignment right through the more technical side of the machines the CANBUS and hydraulic module programming. Some of the machines are run through electrical automation and you will need to have a real eye for detail. This is what separates you from a service technician to being a true Forestry equipment specialist.
- Crane & Sensor Automation read outs
- Electronic module programming / loading
- Module communication measurement through to CANBUS lines
- Hydraulic and Electronic trouble shouting diagnostics
- Assembly to assembly works
- Engine Inspections and 100 points checks
- Face up diagnostics onscreen system
- Computer interrogation
- Support sales leads to the National BDM’s
- Work with parts department to organise parts for machine that are down on site
- Work with customer to look top reduce overall downtime.
- Machine training and support to new equipment.
Location – We have 2 locations available at this stage so you will need to open to relocate, the roles are located in Forestry areas of Mt Gambia, Tasmania.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS –
- 2 + Years Servicing Forestry Equipment
- Permanent resident to Australia or working Visa
- Trade Qualified
- Expert in Electronic & Hydraulic diagnostic
- If you have experience with Bosch or Parker module Valve Banks this would excellent
- Microsoft electronic Experience
- Willing to relocate or travel extensively.
Read more here:: GFIS