Organization: Wellcome Trust
Closing date: 27 Dec 2017
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is well known internationally for its work in improving global health. The Programme has a diverse clinical research programme that includes clinical trials of disease prevention, vaccines, management of acute illness, basic science and translation of research finding into global health policy.
The Programme is searching for a qualified, dynamic and motivated person to fill the following position:
The post will entail providing efficient and effective clinical care to COAST trial participants on the paediatric research high dependency unit and general ward. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team ensuring high quality clinical care provision and clinical research. COAST is a multi-centre randomised controlled trial designed to provide the evidence for the most clinically-effective and cost-efficient targeted use of oxygen as a life-saving treatment with respect to the optimal oxygen saturation threshold for treatment and mode of delivery. The trial will be conducted in five hospitals: two in Kenya and three in Uganda. REPORTS TO: Site Principal Investigator, Head of clinical services
- Play a leading role in screening and enrolment of eligible participants into the trial.
- Provide clinical care to research subjects on the paediatric high dependency unit (HDU) and general ward, maintain study documentation and ensure adherence to the study protocol.
- Ensure all study procedures are followed and all the relevant forms completed prior to discharge of each participant.
- Conduct clinical reviews for all study participant during follow up visits and ensure collection of samples.
- Complete adverse event forms promptly following any adverse events
- Regularly update the COAST trial management team on status of the study
- Attend and participate in COAST trial meetings and other meetings as needed
- Serve as first on call clinician for the paediatric clinical service, contributing to a rota of at least 1 in 7.
- Attend clinical skills training and updates when required to.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- At least 3 years clinical experience with a keen interest in paediatrics
- Knowledge / experience in organisation of clinical trials is an added advantage
- GCP certification
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Confidentiality and strong ethics
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean in appearance
How to apply:
To apply for this post please click on the link below
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI