You are a highly motivated individual who recognizes the value of a team-oriented approach in the performance of this challenging position. You bring to the job an exceptional safety record and a willingness to work with Western Forest Products in reaching its safety, environmental and production objectives.
As part of the mill management team, the Supervisor is expected to participate in and foster a culture of continuous improvement. This will include working with other members of the management team to achieve operational strategies focused on developing industry leading operation reliability and production goals.
Key duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Foster a safety culture in the sawmill division that fits with Western’s Safety Targets and Goals. (Applicable knowledge of occupational health & safety regulations and an exceptional personal safety record history).
- Encourage a dynamic Team that is driven to improving uptime, both internally as well as involving outside sources.
- Assign and monitor team resource deployments across multiple projects and flexibly manage and adapt resources and team to dynamic business growth opportunities.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
- Organizational and time management skills to develop complex schedules and estimate engineering/design work-hours for all tasks.
- Mediation, negotiation and management skills will be instrumental in successful daily leadership activities.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interpret and implement Company policies and procedures.
- Sound judgment and a demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- You have a strong working knowledge of sawmills and their processes and a minimum 5 years’ management experience in a high paced manufacturing environment.
- A strong understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations for British Columbia and the Collective Agreement are required
- Post-secondary education in Wood Products Processing, Forestry, Commerce or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a high capacity sawmill environment leading and supervising union staff or supervisory experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Strong personal commitment to safe work practices, a sound work ethic, excellent communication skills (both written and oral),
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Lumber grading certificate with strong knowledge of coastal grades/species, and supervisory experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
Read more here:: GFIS