**Based out of our Boyle location**
Al-Pac is a world leader in the production of high-quality kraft pulp. These positions are located at the millsite, which is a comfortable 2-hour drive North of Edmonton, Alberta.
• Work with a third party consultant to develop harvest plans, layout and obtain approval for approximately 1,800,000 m3 annually.
• Liaise with Government personnel to obtain plan approval.
• Support harvest operations as required.
• Participate in consultation with Indigenous and local communities.
• Work with local quota holders to integrate plans.
• In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, actively seek out innovative solutions to multiple challenges involving various stakeholder objectives.
• Map production.
• Data management.
• GIS spatial analysis.
• Apply decision support tools to identify opportunities and support business decisions.
• Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community and environmental objectives.
• B.Sc. in Forestry or diploma from a recognized forestry school.
• Must be eligible to register for a professional designation in Alberta.
• Self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• GIS/GPS experience with ability to use arcview/arcmap.
• Experience with Woodstock Modeling platform and REMSOFT analytics platform would be an asset.
Read more here:: GFIS