Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The Account Executive will be responsible for supporting the sales team in the design, development and adoption of sales strategies within Canfor. Supporting various functions within the sales team, The Account Executive will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key objectives and sales targets are met.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales targets with key strategic customers
- Responsive to customers’ needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal
- Gathers and maintain accurate market intelligence information and maintain database of required sales material including current programs and initiatives
- Actively communicates customer demand and trends daily amongst the sales team
- Provides support to the sales team and account managers in the effective provisioning of sales programs and services
- Processes invoices and expense reports, ensuring accuracy of account codes and authorizations, while assisting in the compilation of departmental budgets
- Direct liaison with sales/production team to ensure order files are maintained
- Active participation in sales meetings, trade shows and special projects
- Ensures notification procedures for all new client relationships are followed and recorded.
Education & Experience
- 1-3 years sales & marketing work or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/diploma in Wood Products and Sales and Marketing or a related field
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Prioritization skills and responsiveness to sales team needs
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet deadlines
- Basic computer literacy skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new systems
- Detailed understanding of wood products manufacturing and construction lumber
- Self-motivation and ability to undertake new challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
Closing date for applications: Friday, January 19th, 2018
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
Read more here:: GFIS