New Forests is specialist forestry, rural land and environmental investment management company headquartered in Sydney, and with offices in San Francisco and Singapore. We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Company Secretary into a new role within the Sydney office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional to expand their career.
In this varied role you will be given exposure across a number of areas of the business which will ensure that you are challenged every day and give you the opportunity to absorb more responsibility over time.
Reporting to the Company Secretary, some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Management and Investment Committees and their processes within the New Forests Group
- Preparation of Board and Committee Papers and related processes including timely distribution of papers
- Minute taking and follow up matters from meetings;
- Responsibility for Board and Committee annual calendars (aligning reporting requirements including investor reporting, various statutory reporting requirements globally)
- Filing of statutory returns
- Responsibility for Share and other registers
- Employee Share Options and Incentive Scheme
- Progressively set up processes that will result in high performing boards within the entire New Forests group including portfolio boards
- Setting up Board charters taking into consideration requirements in the various constituent documents Annual Board Surveys
To be successful in this role you will be a self motivated individual who thrives on working in a team environment towards a common goal. You will have very strong attention to detail, diplomacy and the ability to work independently. As you will be assisting with company and Executive matters, complete and utter discretion, confidentiality and trust is essential.
To be the successful candidate you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- The ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organisation with a significant level of independence and collaboration
- The ability to understand requirements in constituent documentation in relation to corporate governance requirements especially as applicable to Boards, committees and in a funds management context
- Attention to detail
- Must have good Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What can we offer?
This is an interesting and varied role, ideal for an experienced professional wanting to make a difference. The environment is busy and supportive, and the team is professional and relaxed. New Forests is an exciting and growing international business which can provide fantastic opportunities within this great team environment.
Read more here:: GFIS