Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: Burkina Faso
Closing date: 04 Feb 2018
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose for the job
Under the supervision of Finance Specialist, the Account Assistant will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in accounting and finance functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Maintains accounting records like GL codes and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, incomes, accounts payables, accounts receivables, balance sheet accounts, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports, vouchers, etc. and reconciling data for recurring or special reports.
2. Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and ensuring inclusion of all relevant data. Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
3. Reviews partners refunds supporting documents compliance to UNICEF rules and regulations before Finance specialist or Chief of Operations verify. Establishes all requested financial statements related to DCT refunds for management review. Trains implementing partners and UNICEF staff members on HACT/FACE and on pertinent UNICEF financial rules and procedures. Opens as well as record files and physical folders per cooperating partner and archives supporting documents.
4. Advises and assists national and international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of fund advances, travel claims and other personnel advances and recoveries (PAR), and calculates, draft and review for payment authorization of claims.
5. Assist in the implementation of requested micro-evaluations of partners. Draw from evaluation reports data for analysis, establishing partner risk related profile database and it maintenance up-do-date. Assist in the planning of all the physical control and audit to partners for assurance of effectiveness of operation and the efficient use of cash assistance. Ensure a strong involvement in spot check and assistance to partners. Gathers and help make available all HACT related information, ad hoc reports. f
6. Maintain and monitors PAR Accounts, shares related monthly, quarterly, year end reports with office staff and NYHQ. Opens as well as record files and physical folders per staff and monitors advances and recoveries. Makes monthly, quarterly and year end PAR statements and reconciliations.
7. Prepares detailed cost estimates, and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required.
8. Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Applying Technical Expertise (II)
Planning & Organizing (II)
Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Completion of secondary education is required with professional/university level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration or related field.
Six years of general accounting/finance work.
Fluency in French and good working knowledge in English required.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=510193
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT