Closing date: 13 Jan 2018
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Under the supervision of the CIO, the Head of Business Solutions will be responsible for managing the Business Architecture, Solutions Design, and Testing and Quality Assurance teams to ensure that solutions delivered by ICT address real business needs and result in benefits to UNOPS in the form of increased effectiveness, efficiency, or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
The ideal candidate:
Provides leadership and management of the ICT Business Solutions function
Acts as a mentor for the team and provide expert guidance to the team on relevant
functional and technical matters.
Embeds a spirit of learning and continuous development within the team to ensure
continued professionalisation of services provided and fine-tuning of professional
Sets team objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to
ensure timely and client focused services. Monitors implementation and oversee progress.
Establishes team priorities, and supervise the implementation of work plans.
Promotes teamwork and collaboration by providing the team with clear direction,
objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly,effectively and efficiently.
Fosters a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that
the highest standards of conduct are observed.
Provides substantive input to the CIO on continuous improvement plans.
Provides functional and technical expertise to the ICT Business Solutions function
- Provides expertise and expert guidance to the Business Architecture team to identify core business needs, build requirements, design process and data flows, identify master data elements, and key business roles.
- Provides expertise and expert guidance to the Solutions Design team to design solutions that adequately address business requirements, use appropriate systems and technologies, and ensure the delivery of systems that are maintainable, easy to use for end-users, and address security and organisational controls appropriately.
- Provides expertise and expert guidance to the Testing and Quality assurance team to ensure that acceptance criteria for systems, modules, and functionality is clearly articulated, test scenarios are explored, documented, and maintained, and that quality assurance is thorough.
- Designs / approves refinements to processes to maximise the benefits of management information systems to enhance efficiency and facilitate organizational / management monitoring, oversight and reporting.
Acts as the lead facilitator / negotiator with business functions to ensure that there is sufficient buy-in and an understanding of the process for detailed business need identification, requirements definition, solutions design, and quality assurance
Embeds relevant knowledge management and innovation within the ICT Business Solutions function as well as across the organisation
Contributes to the development of internal capacity across the organization in the area of ICT.
Constantly monitors and evaluates UNOPS policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy.
Recommends new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services.
Leads / organises training and awareness / showcasing events and design / sets training agendas to build capacity of stakeholders across the business.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
Work Experience requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of experience required in the area of requirements, process and business analysis, solutions design and software quality assurance.
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership / Management role.
- Experience with developing requirements and solutions for ERP systems is a requirement.
- Experience designing solutions for Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to apply:
Click on the link below:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT