Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 12 Jan 2018
Description of activities:
Under the supervision of the Protection Unit, the intern will be asked to perform the following activities:
· Assist the protection team with individual case management, and identification of specific needs for the promotion of durable solutions.
· Active participation in the weekly Durable Solutions Committee.
· Support the interview process with Asylum Seekers and Refugees, providing guidance on asylum procedures and humanitarian assistance.
· Support with daily inquiries related to domestic and international protection, and accompaniment of interviews.
· Systematize information to monitor protection activities and procedures.
· Support with the translation of UNHCR documents.
· Performs other duties as required.
· University Degree in Law, Social Sciences or International Relations.
· Good Knowledge of Spanish and English.
· Availability for 6 months from February 2018.
· Capacity to adapt to the requirements of the operation and to be a good team player.
· Respect for diversity and capacity to work in stressful contexts.
· United Nations interns are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
· Visa: The intern will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
· Travel: The intern will arrange and finance the travel to the United Nations location where the internship will be completed.
· Medical insurance: The intern will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship and must show proof of a valid medical insurance coverage.
How to apply:
Applicants must send their application by email to RODRIANA@unhcr.org with copy SUNTAXI@unhcr.org indicating the dates proposed for the internship, with “Internship Protection Unit Ibarra-Ecuador” in the subject line, or physically to: ACNUR, Calle Juan de la Roca 3-56 y Avda. José Tobar y Tobar, Sector Pilanquí, Ibarra, Imbabura – Ecuador. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted and interviewed.
The application consists of an introductory letter, addressed to the Head of UNHCR Field Office in Ibarra (Andean Region) indicating their specific personal and professional interest, expectations and objectives pursued, as well as the possible contributions and inputs they would like to make during the internship period. Curriculum Vitae should be attached, along with letters of recommendation or references, if available.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT