Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS), LLC is key to ensuring that GP’s 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. W&FS sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners.
The Wood and Fiber Supply team is seeking a Fiber Quality Technician for the Brunswick area which includes the Brunswick Pulp Mill facility. This position will be based out of the Brunswick, GA area.
In this position, you will oversee a variety of quality and moisture content analysis ranging from chip product sampling and testing to instrument calibration. This includes analyzing and measuring size distribution and moisture, determining issues and negative trends, and developing a plan to correct any issues. You will also work with suppliers and GP Mills to give input to correct their chip/fuel quality issues and increase overall chip and fuel quality for the Brunswick mill.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Maintaining a high level of safety awareness including attending safety meetings
- Managing 1 lab personnel
- Collecting Chip and Bark Samples to analyze
- Entering, maintaining, and analyzing data in the Rader data systems to identify quality issues or trends
- Identifying and resolving quality non-conformances through learning & performing equipment inspections
- Building supplier business relationships and addressing quality issues
- Interfacing with Mill Management and Fiber Managers
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- General knowledge around office products (Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to do analytical work in Microsoft Excel (tables, graphs, formulas)
- Willing to travel 50% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License for travel
What Will Put You Ahead?
Experience with Rader data systems
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience testing for quality
- Experience analyzing data and identifying trends
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Read more here:: GFIS