Organization: United Nations University
Closing date: 21 Jan 2018
United Nations University’s Mission:
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. For more information, please visit www.unu.edu.
The United Nations University Vice Rectorate in Europe (UNU-ViE): UNU-ViE concentrates on relationships between advancing science and technology for human security. In addition to its scientific core mandate, it administers the central units providing service to five UNU entities in Bonn. The central administration units include Finance, Human Resources, Information Communication Technology, Communication Services, Procurement and General Administration. These units also assist with the administration of new UNU initiatives in Europe and Africa. For more information on the organization, please visit the following websites: https://ehs.unu.edu/
The Communications Unit:
This Unit provides strategic communication services for all UNU entities based in Bonn with an overall priority on the UNU Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS).
- Provide support in building the organization’s media outreach;
- Manage outreach activities and events in the community;
- Assist in the development and execution of the 2018 communication strategy
- Assist in drafting press materials (e.g. press releases, factsheets);
- Proof-reading and copy-editing reports and media materials;
- Update and maintain the organizations’ websites using Content Management System (CMS);
- Support social media campaigns and conceptualize new avenues for outreach;
- Support the digital development of UNU;
- Carry out other duties to support the communications unit.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Field of Study: Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree programme or equivalent in communications, journalism, public relations, international relations or a related field
Essential Skills and attributes:
- Excellent command of oral and written English;
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Interest in strategic communication• Interest in the work of the UN and science communication
- Knowledge of and familiarity with social media;
- Experience with web-based Content Management Systems (CMS) would be an asset;
- Experience with WordPress would be desired
- Gain work experience and enhance organizational skills within the UN international working environment.
- Insights into the communication work of United Nations University, especially in the areas of publications, press work and digital media.
- Experience in proof reading academic text and ensuring conformity to UN style guide.
The successful candidate will be based at UNU-EHS in Bonn on a full-time basis for a contractual period ranging from 3-6 months. The internship is not remunerated.
as soon as possible
January 21, 2018
How to apply:
- Quote reference number UNU-ViE/Communication/2018/01 in the email subject line;
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Cover letter in English: outlining your motivations, possible contributions to the programme and future career goals;
- Completed UNU-ViE application form (downloadable at https://ehs.unu.edu/about/internship)
For more information about the UNU-ViE internship programme and required documents, please visit the website: https://ehs.unu.edu/about/internship. Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com.
Workforce diversity is essential to UNU. Suitably qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds including minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be handled with the strictest confidence.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications will not be acknowledged nor returned.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT