Are you a self-motivated, driven individual with Maintenance experience in an industrial or military environment? Then we have the job you are looking for! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Millwright in Coos Bay, OR. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals.
Georgia-Pacific in Coos Bay, OR manufactures western softwood lumber. As the preferred product on many construction sites, its smooth texture provides easy handling and its strength and quality makes it perfect for framing applications. The procurement of all Georgia-Pacific Lumber is certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting, repairing and installing equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Providing mechanical and electrical repair to pneumatics, conveyors and hydraulics, gears and drives
- Welding and fabricating repair parts
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED; or 5 years verifiable maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience working with conveyors, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics and fabrication
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience reading electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to provide your own personal hand tools
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Journeyman License or Certification
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world’s largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Read more here:: GFIS