Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 18 Jan 2018
Position Title : Project Officer (Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration
Duty Station : Rabat, Morocco
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
IOM Morocco has been implementing the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programme since 2005. The main objective of the programme is contributing to a dignified return in respect of human rights of irregular migrants stranded in Morocco and wishing to return to their country of origin.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in coordination with RO Cairo, the candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing support and contributing to the implementation and monitoring of the Programme in line with the new Europe Union Agenda on Migration, pillar five of the Plan of Action for the EU Trust Fund for Africa adopted in Valletta in November 2015, and IOM’s Response Plan for the Mediterranean and beyond Europe.
This programme aims to offer a dignified and durable solution to stranded migrants in urgent need of assistance, and to reduce the pressure created by these migration flows on Morocco as a transit country, and ultimately on Europe as a final destination.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist with planning, preparation and adjustment of all aspects of AVRR related activities,
including work plans and arrangements required for the effective and timely .implementation of AVRR activities, namely the provision of humanitarian and emergency assistance to migrants, the coordination of AVRR movements, or the organization of training for national counterparts.
• Support in the liaison with relevant Embassies and governmental counterparts for all AVRR
• Promote best practices on AVRR, effectiveness, coherence and integrity, as well as ensure synergies with other AVRR project activities in the mission as well as in the region.
• Support in the delivery of training workshops on AVRR and related Protection issues, in coordination with CT/AVRR Project Manager, and other relevant colleagues.
• Implement and monitor operational, financial and administrative components/aspects of AVRR activities in close coordination with ADM/FIN Unit, with the CT/AVRR Project Manager, and other relevant colleagues.
• Draft the project reports, including ad hoc, interim, annual and end-of-project reports, in a timely manner, in accordance with IOM procedures and donor requirements.
• Ensure adequate information management of AVRR related activities, including awareness-raising and visibility, through preparation and submission of monthly reports, press releases and production of other relevant materials. Respond to any ad hoc information requests from other IOM units, donors and the Government of Tunisia.
• Support regular monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
• Oversee return and reintegration activities in Countries of Origin (CoO) and liaise with IOM CoO offices to ensure provision of targeted assistance.
• Regularly review and assess the current guidelines on reintegration and make recommendations to ensure our reintegration interventions remain effective and efficient.
• Recommend improvements regarding synergy between AVRR projects, regional reintegration projects and development of programmes in target countries of return in order to guarantee a comprehensive assistance to vulnerable cases.
• Identify and recommend the implementation of improvements in project delivery, data management and coordination.
• Support project development efforts for the continuation of existing projects as well as new projects in the field of AVRR, in close coordination with the CoM, the CT/AVRR Project Manager, Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist and other relevant colleagues.
• Participate in conferences, working groups, workshops, steering committees, policy and technical working groups, as well as other forums to ensure proper coordination and presentation of IOM work in the field of AVRR as may be requested by PM or COM.
• Undertake duty travel relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, project implementation, M&E as required.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of migration issues including operational and field experience, IOM/UN
project development, and management;
• Demonstrated expertise in the thematic area relevant to project development; Knowledge or experience of regional issues and/or EU reporting mechanisms an advantage;
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.01.2018 to 18.01.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/05 (P) – Project Officer (AVRR) (P2) – Rabat, Morocco (55304419) Released
Posting: Posting NC55304436 (55304436) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT