Closing date: 07 Jan 2018
Myanmar is one of UNOPS’ leading offices in Asia, acting as fund manager for three of the largest development programmes in the country, namely the Three Millennium Development Goal Fund (3MDG), the Livelihood and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT) and the Joint Peace Fund (JPF). In addition, UNOPS is Principal Recipient for the Global Fund in Myanmar and for the Global Fund’s regional artemisinin-resistance initiative targeting drug resistant malaria in the greater Mekong sub-region. UNOPS provides procurement, infrastructure and project management services to a wide range of organizations in the country, including the Government of Myanmar, international development partners, other UN agencies, NGOs and INGOs. UNOPS plays a critical role in ensuring that the quality of services provided to its partners meets stringent requirements of speed, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
The Three Millennium Development Goal Fund (3MDG) supports the provision of health services in Myanmar and contributes towards the country’s efforts to achieve the three health-related Millennium Development Goals. These goals include reducing child mortality, improving maternal health and combating HIV, tuberculosis and malaria.
3MDG provides support to the Ministry of Health in the implementation of the National Health Plan 2017-2021 to contribute towards the development of a more effective and responsive health system. Established in 2012, the US$271million Fund is supported by seven international donors.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Team supports grant management with two M&E team members allocated to each regionally focused team. The M&E team is responsible for grant management M&E support, 3MDG M&E systems development and implementation, national M&E systems strengthening and support to external /internal assessments, evaluations and data requests.
Under the overall supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer the incumbent of the post will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Team management and support
- Guide, mentor and supervise M&E team members assigned to two Regional Teams.
- Take an active role in the quality assurance of team’s deliverables
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members on M&E of Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (RMNCH) and/or HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria grants.
Grant management support
- Monitor and analyze grant / implementing partner performance, and propose any actions that may be necessary, including termination of, or adjustments to grants to ensure compliance with Fund policy and priorities.
- Conduct field visits and Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) to ensure that reported data is accurate and in line with standard indicators, grant work plans, partner log frames and the 3MDG Log Frame.
- Provide effectively feedback and support to implementing partners on their performance and data quality, and follow-up as necessary.
- Build capacities of Implementing Partners in monitoring and evaluation.
M&E system strengthening
- Provide technical inputs into the design, implementation and improvement of 3DMG monitoring and evaluation system, policies, tools, processes.
- Under the overall leadership of the M&E Officer, coordinate operationalization of Performance-based funding.
- Lead the development and implementation of Value for Money principle of the 3MDG’s system.
- Adapt monitoring arrangements to the realities of conflict-affected areas
Strategic information and reporting
- Oversee data compilation, analysis and reporting processes to measure progress and achievements.
- Provide strategic information to the M&E Officer and Senior Management in investment decision-making.
- Support various external /internal assessments, evaluations and data requests.
- Support future programming efforts
- Contribute to national M&E system strengthening efforts.
- Review and provide technical inputs on research proposals
- Promote dissemination of lessons and knowledge sharing.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in health programs or relevant discipline is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
B. Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant M&E experience working with health programs is required.
- Experience of successful development and implementation of an M&E system for a health programme is required.
- Extensive knowledge of in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria combined with some knowledge of Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health programs is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) is an asset
- Program implementation / monitoring experience in conflict-affected areas will be an asset
- Experience working with Government agencies and NGOs is desirable.
- Mentoring / people management experience is an important asset.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are required
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar language are required
How to apply:
Click on the link below
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT