Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 23 Jan 2018
SSA National /International Consultant
(NOD or P4 Level)
Assessment of Communication for Development (C4D) in Basic Education
( Focus states Bauchi, Niger, Sokoto , Borno, Ebonyi, Bayelsa and Oyo States.)
Purpose of Assignment:
The purpose of the consultancy is to Âorganise and coordinate a participatory process to collect and consolidate evidence on knowledge, attitudes and practices that affect school enrolment, retention and completion, which will eventually help in the Âdesign of a behaviour and social change communication strategy to support efforts to ensure that marginalized children enrol in school, start at the right age, attend regularly, and complete their schooling with meaningful learning outcomes at all levels of the education sector, especially for girls. The main focus of the consultancy areÂ Bauchi, Niger, Sokoto, Borno , Ebonyi ,Bayelsa and Oyo Âstates in ÂNigeria with view on wider implications and recommendations.
The consultancy has three specific objectives:
1. Inception Report: Provides foundation to consultancy and should be reflected in reports produced.
Education Status Report providing overview of synopsis of current key trends on access, quality and accountability.
2. Consultation Plan with outline of groups to be involved and respective roles, group sizes and composition, documents required to inform the discussions, expected outputs and time frames.
3. Mapping Instrument and Interview Guides (adapted from Global mapping instrument)
Mapping report providing an overview of the nature, focus, scope, scale and actors involved in supporting behaviour and social change efforts in the local Education sector.
4. C4D in Education Situation Analysis report with inputs from the Mapping exercise and SWOT analysis on C4D interventions at policy/system level: national and subnational (e.g. C4D within Education Sector planning, budgeting, management/staffing, capacity development, local governance).
5. Behavioural Analysis Report providing in-depth analysis of findings from primary research on barriers, opportunities, Participant Groups in relation to influencing the key recommended behaviours.
6. Submission of Final Report with key recommendations for the development of National C4D in Education strategy
Technical background and professional Experience:
Other desired characteristics:
This consultancy is expected to cover a period of 3 months
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=510027
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT