Georgia-Pacific is recruiting for an Operations Manager position in our Taylorsville, MS Plywood Manufacturing facility!
The Operations Manager will be assigned to the Taylorsville, MS facility for 1 – 3 years with the intent of transitioning into a position at one of GP’s Plywood Manufacturing facilities. The time frame will be based on demonstrated application of skills and knowledge. The Plywood facilities are located in a number of states, including , Arkansas, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Mississippi and Virginia.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the operating performance of the Taylorsville, MS site including compliance, environmental, health and safety, operations and plant culture.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with support resources to ensure compliance with safety, regulatory, human resources, and other policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute profit driven site plan that leverage capabilities and maximize division value.
- Develop and manage an annual operating budget.
- Develop and implement operating systems and work processes consistent with management philosophy and framework.
- Coordinate with support functions (EH&S, HR, Accounting) and commercial personnel to assure plans and resource deployment are aligned with business objectives.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies that yield sustainable results.
- Coach, develop and mentor staff through effective use of continuous feedback and open communication. Ensure that all direct reports are properly trained in their necessary duties and suggest training to improve required job skills.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports. In partnership with Human Resources, address poor performance with progressive discipline and performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering preferred
- Five (5) or more years of managerial leadership experience in a heavy manufacturing environment (i.e. Production Manager, Operations Manager, Plant Superintendent, etc.)
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, forecasting and P&L statements
What Will Put You Ahead?
5 or more years experience in Wood Products industry
Read more here:: GFIS