Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 16 Jan 2018
The duration of this Consultancy Contract is 3 months
Objective: To assist in the development of Training Module for pro bono lawyers and legal aid of Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Philippines on how to handle trafficking and exploitation cases to pursue criminal and civil justice claims for their (?) losses. The incumbent must coordinate closely with the contracted Lead Consultants for the development of Training Module and training package in both sending countries.
Target: Using this training module, IOM mission in Philippines will support IOM Hong Kong identifying and training 60 targeted pro-bono lawyers and legal aid NGOs in Hong Kong SAR and the Philippines who will be agreeing to provide pro-bono legal assistance to the abused and exploited FDWs during their employment in Hong Kong SAR and upon returning to their home countries.
- IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing:
- This assignment will contribute to IOM project: “Fostering the Rights Protection of Foreign Domestic Workers & Trafficking Victims” sponsored by IOM Hong Kong.
- Tasks to be performed under this contract:
- Under the direct supervision of the Interim National Protection Coordinator of Migrants Assistance and Protection Programmes in (MAP) IOM Philippines, and in close coordination with the Head of Sub-Office in Hong Kong SAR and the Lead Consultant of Justice without Border (NGO), the National Consultants will be responsible to conduct the following assignment:
- Gather the relevant data and information from extensive desk research, in-depth interview and Focus Group Discussions in Philippines.
- In coordination with the Lead Consultant, develop one (1) Training Module and its Training Package for pro-bono lawyers and legal aid NGOs in Philippines.
- During the Validation Meetings, together with Interim National Protection Coordinator of MAP and the Lead Consultant, present the draft of Training Module and Training Package to the relevant stakeholders in Philippines to receive constructive feedbacks and inputs.
- In coordination with Lead Consultant, finalize the Training Module by incorporating the feedbacks and inputs from all relevant stakeholders in Philippines.
- In coordination with the Lead Consultant, one (1) Training module for the Pro Bono Lawyers and Legal Aid NGOs in Philippines is expected to be delivered by the National Consultant in English.
- In coordination with the Lead Consultant and IOM Hong Kong Head of Sub Office and Interim National Protection Coordinator of MAP in IOM Philippines, the National Consultants will determine his/her final work schedule at the beginning of the assignment with the approval of Interim National Protection Coordinator of MAP and shall not exceed 3 months period in total. The work schedule will set up clear deadlines for the completion of each expected deliverables.
- The quality, targeted and detailed of the work performed as established in above as well as compliance with agreed delivery dates.
- The National Consultant is expected to be based in Manila and able to undertake in-country duty travel as needed for the assignment.
- Have a minimum Master degree (or equivalent advanced university degree) in Law, Political Science, International Relations and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Possess knowledge of relevant policies and legal framework on migration/trafficking related matters and the legislation and constitution in the Philippines.
- Experience in working and liaising with lawyers and legal aid NGOs in regards to human trafficking in Philippines would be a distinct advantage, as well as previous experience working in an international organization.
- Have a good command of data collection and interviewing techniques, as well as have excellent oral communication and report writing skills in English.
- Have capacity to synthetize and collate relevant information in a comprehensible and coherent manner.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and must pay attention to detail.
- Adhere to the IOM Guidelines on data protection, confidentiality and ethics.
How to apply:
Interested applicants may send their resume/CV at email@example.com not later than 16 January 2018. Position title (Consultant – “Fostering the Rights Protection of Foreign Domestic Workers & Trafficking Victims”**)** should be specified on the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT