Stimson Lumber Company provides career path opportunities for its employees to gain and develop their skills. Production workers have the unique opportunity to cross-train among different roles within the mill, setting them up for advancement in the company. Production workers are often moved into forklift and machine operator jobs, maintenance roles, or skilled trades such as saw filing and grading. These internal moves continuously open up production worker roles. On the job training, apprenticeships and classroom education is available for employees looking to pursue a career with Stimson.
Your duties include, but are not limited to: puling lumber off the line, “pulling green chain”, packaging lumber for shipment, applying barcodes, sweeping, shoveling, general clean-up of the work area and other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
In addition to an hourly wage of $17.00 per hour, those employees on the swing and graveyard shifts also receive an hourly shift differential. To learn about everything Stimson can offer you and your family, visit our employee intranet at www.mystimson.com.
- Be able to do repetitive work and stand for extended periods of time.
- Move quickly, consistently and safely to keep up with the current flow of production.
- Be able and willing to learn new positions in a short period of time.
- Possess good communication skills and work well in a team setting.
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs., stand up to 10 hours a day, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, stoop and bend at waist, and move equipment as needed
- Must be comfortable in year around outdoor temperatures, in loud conditions, with airborne particles (sawdust), and working around moving mechanical equipment.
- Team player and highly self-motivated individual.
Who is Stimson Lumber? Stimson Lumber is a leader in the forest products and natural resources industry with over 750 employees and several locations across Idaho, Oregon and Washington. We have a progressive, forward thinking culture with a focus on developing our people. Our employees are given the tools and opportunities to maximize their talent and achieve professional and personal goals.
We have been a recognized leader in our industry with our commitment to quality, customer service and continuous improvement mentality for decades.
Why work at Stimson Lumber? We are hiring people who are passionate about what they do every day, have a desire to make a difference and thrive in a team environment. We reward our employees through competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, advancement opportunities, and a great place to work!
As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and require pre-employment drug tests (in addition to pre-employment background checks and physical job fit screens). Stimson Lumber Company reserves the right to administer random drug tests to its employees with no prior written or verbal notice.
Read more here:: GFIS