Organization: African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Closing date: 26 Jan 2018
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS Centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Program Manager, Teacher Training Program, Rwanda
The Teacher Training Program (TTP) Rwanda is a five-year blended (face-to-face and online) training Program seeking to enhance the capacity of secondary school teachers (in-service and pre-service) in the teaching of mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics with the use of information technologies as a key component in teaching and learning. In partnership with the Government of Rwanda, the Rwanda education board (REB) and the University of Rwanda college of education (UR-CE), the Program will equip teachers with skills, tools and resources to implement the competency based curriculum (CBC) using the Mathematics and Sciences for Sub-Saharan Africa (MS4SSA) approach adopted from the World Bank.
In this role and reporting to the Director TTP, the Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the overall implementation and evaluation of the Program including planning, organizing, supervising and implementation of the TTP in Rwanda.
As an experienced leader, the Program Manager will work with a multicultural team to actively contribute to Program Development, Coordination and Management; develop partnership & external relations, and, ensure the necessary monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place to track implementation and outputs systematically to measure the effectiveness of programs, compile timely program level stakeholder reports including technical and financial reports.
This is a full-time opportunity based at the AIMS Secretariat in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
· A Master’s degree in a field related to Education development, information communication technology, international development, project management, or social sciences; A PhD degree is preferred
· At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
· A good understanding of and or experience in the area of education and development in Africa, with a strong focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education is an added advantage
· A knowledge of ICTs use in teaching of STEM is an added advantage
· Experience in Result Based Management (RBM), Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MERL)
· Project Management skills and experience is strongly required
· Strong organizational skills including people management skills
· A self-starter who enjoys a dynamic work environment
· Strong creative instincts to develop new approaches and solutions to challenges with limited guidance and historical precedent
· Ability to make decisions and sound judgment
· Experience working in an NGO is an added advantage
· Experience in managing a multi-cultural team is critical
· An appreciation of or a training in gender equity and equality
· Superior interpersonal customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact effectively with multi-cultural/racial/able students, teachers, Government officials, staff and the public are required
· Proficiency with MS Office, Google Apps and Skype
· Excellent communication skills and a good command of English, both written and oral. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage
How to apply:
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com (i.e. quote “Program Manager TTP RWA” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until January 26, 2018.**
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI