Organization: ITF Enhancing Human Security
Closing date: 20 Jan 2018
Vacancy Announcement for Project Manager
ITF Enhancing Human Security is looking to recruit a talented and dynamic Project Manager who can drive forward our work in Central Asia and beyond.
ITF Enhancing Human Security (ITF) is a Slovenian humanitarian, non-profit organization established in 1998 with the initial purpose to help Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in the implementation of its peace agreement and to provide assistance and support in the country’s post-conflict reconstruction, specifically in demining and mine victim assistance. Since its inception, ITF steadily expanded the geographical area of its activities to include a variety of developing and post-conflict countries of the Middle East, Central Asia, North and Sub-Saharan Africa, South Caucasus, and Latin America.
Hand in hand with an expanding geographical presence, ITF has also recognized the need to address a broader array of challenges that put at risk post-conflict societies affected by landmines/explosive remnants of war and other impacts from armed violence. With its programs, covering the entire spectrum of humanitarian mine action – landmine/explosive remnants of war clearance including cluster munitions, mine risk education, victim assistance, physical security and stockpile management, weapons and ammunition surplus destruction – ITF has in nearly 20 years of operation successfully implemented over 3,200 projects.
- project development;
- identification of potential donors;
- identification and applications to tenders / fund raising for the implementation of projects and programs;
- project proposal writing (narrative and financial);
- organization and management of projects and programs,
- preparation and development of PR materials; preparation of awareness raising materials / brochures;
- drafting of narrative and financial reports on the implementation of individual projects and programs;
- presentation of ITF in the international environment;
- planning, organization and implementation of field and monitoring visits to conflict and post-conflict countries, at locations that are contaminated with mines and other explosive remnants of war;
- preparation of annual strategic plans / portfolio of projects for specific countries
- preparation of partnership agreements, implementation contracts and memoranda.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of professional experience in project management, the field of mine action, conventional weapons destruction or related fields.
- A BA degree (or higher) in social sciences, political sciences, defence studies, international relations or similar.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Strong managerial skills, flexibility and ability to work as a team.
- Other skills and qualifications: use of Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail, knowledge of unexploded ordnance.
- Reliability and ability to travel.
- Required driving license: B
- Valid EU work permit.
- Fluency in the following languages: Russian and English. Working knowledge of Bosnian language.
How to apply:
Duration of this full time employment is fixed for the time of 1 year with a trial period of 3 months. The selected candidate will be based in Slovenia with frequent travel abroad. Start date: as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should send an application (CV and cover letter) until 20 January 2018 by e-mail to Ms Andreja Gorisek at email@example.com.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV